Please read the following information carefully before submitting an application. We request that you provide complete answers to the questions as our intention is to get to know you. All applications are due by Sunday, December 31st at 11:59 PM and late applications will not be accepted. Each application will be carefully reviewed. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com and we look forward to getting to know you.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The Junior League welcomes all women who value our mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities.
PROVISIONAL YEAR (FIRST YEAR IN JLC)
The Junior League of Charlottesville’s provisional year exists to encourage active participation and engagement among provisional members, to facilitate the training of strong volunteers and future leaders, and to create meaningful connections within the Junior League of Charlottesville, the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI), and the Charlottesville community. For more information, visit our homepage and Facebook and Instagram pages.
The application is open November 15 - December 31, 2023.
The JLC seeks a provisional class that is dedicated to voluntarism and long-term engagement within their community, committed to the mission and purpose of the JLC, and pursuing leadership and involvement within our organization.
If an invitation is extended, you will have until your orientation to accept. To finalize acceptance, all members must pay their dues of $190 on or before your chosen orientation date. Cash or check are preferred but card is also accepted with a minimal transaction fee.
What are my requirements during my Provisional Year?
Requirements change from year to year. The 2022–2023 Provisional requirements are as follows: Complete before May 31, 2024 for Spring Provisionals:
- Attend Provisional Orientation
- Pay Provisional Dues due at orientation (including the one-time Provisional Fee of $50)
- Attend minimum of three out of four Provisional Membership Meetings (PMMs)
- Attend one or more General Membership Meetings (GMMs) during your Provisional period
- Participate in the League's fundraisers
- Effective participation in a spring placement if the member participated in the fall cohort
Are there any dates I should save? Yes!
Orientation (choose one date) at the Provisional Chair’s House:
- Thursday, January 4, 6–8 p.m.
- Wednesday, January 10, 6–8 p.m.
Provisional Membership Meetings (6–8 p.m.) are held in Charlottesville:
- Spring TBD based on Provisionals availability, but roughly once a month Jan – April
Organized Provisional Socials/Placement in a Day (PIAD). Times and locations vary, and while not mandatory, we highly encourage all provisional members to take advantage of these opportunities to meet other members.
- February: Meet the Spring Provisionals
- March: PIAD
- May: Provisional End of Year BBQ for both Fall and Spring Provisionals
You are not currently logged in. Please log in to submit this form.