Please read the following information carefully before submitting an application. We request that you provide complete answers to the questions as our intention is to get to know you. All applications are due by Wednesday, August 31st at 11:59 PM and late applications will not be accepted. Each application will be carefully reviewed. If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we look forward to getting to know you.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The Junior League welcomes all women who value our mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities.
PROVISIONAL YEAR (FIRST YEAR IN JLC)
The Junior League of Charlottesville’s provisional year exists to encourage active participation and engagement among provisional members, to facilitate the training of strong volunteers and future leaders, and to create meaningful connections within the Junior League of Charlottesville, the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI), and the Charlottesville community. For more information, visit our homepage and Facebook and Instagram pages.
The application is open July 5 - August 31, 2022.
The JLC seeks a provisional class that is dedicated to voluntarism and long-term engagement within their community, committed to the mission and purpose of the JLC, and pursuing leadership and involvement within our organization.
If an invitation is extended, you will have until your orientation to accept. To finalize acceptance, all members must pay their dues of $200 on or before your chosen orientation date. Cash or check are preferred but card is also accepted with a minimal transaction fee.
What are my requirements during my Provisional Year?
Requirements change from year to year. The 2022–2023 Provisional requirements are as follows: Complete before December 31, 2022 for Fall Provisionals and May 31, 2023 for Spring Provisionals:
- Attend Provisional Orientation
- Pay Provisional Dues due at orientation (includes one-time Provisional Fee of $50)
- Attend minimum of two out of three Provisional Membership Meetings (PMMs)
- Attend all General Membership Meetings (GMMs)
- Complete at least 1 Fundraising Shift
- Pay 2022–2023 League Dues
Are there any dates I should save? Yes!
Orientation (choose one date) at the Provisional Chair’s House:
- Thursday, August 18, 6–8 p.m.
- Sunday August 21, 3–5 p.m.
- Monday August 29, 6–8 p.m.
Provisional Membership Meetings (6–8 p.m.) are held in Charlottesville:
- Fall TBD, but roughly every six weeks Sept – Dec
- Spring TBD, but roughly every six weeks Jan – April
Organized Provisional Socials/Placement in a Day (PIAD). Times and locations vary, and while not mandatory, we highly encourage all provisional members to take advantage of these opportunities to meet other members.
- Late September: Meet the Provisionals
- October: PIAD
- November and December: Tinsel Trail
- February: Meet the Spring Provisionals
- March: PIAD
- May: Provisional End of Year BBQ for both Fall and Spring Provisionals
You are not currently logged in. Please log in to submit this form.