Please read the following information carefully before submitting an application. We request that you provide complete answers to the questions as our intention is to get to know you. All applications are due by Tuesday, August 31st at 11:59 PM and late applications will not be accepted. Each application will be carefully reviewed. If you have any questions, please email us at email@example.com and we look forward to getting to know you.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The Junior League welcomes all women who value our mission. We are committed to inclusive environments of diverse individuals, organizations, and communities.
PROVISIONAL YEAR (FIRST YEAR IN JLC)
The Junior League of Charlottesville’s provisional year exists to encourage active participation and engagement among provisional members, to facilitate the training of strong volunteers and future leaders, and to create meaningful connections within the Junior League of Charlottesville, the Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI), and the Charlottesville community. For more information, visit our homepage and Facebook and Instagram pages.
The application is open July 1 - August 31, 2021.
The JLC seeks a provisional class that is dedicated to voluntarism and long-term engagement within their community, committed to the mission and purpose of the JLC, and pursuing leadership and involvement within our organization.
If an invitation is extended, you will have until your orientation to accept. To finalize acceptance, all members must pay their dues of $200 on or before your chosen orientation date. Cash or check are preferred but card is also accepted with a minimal transaction fee.
Please note "points" may be attained through a variety of activities such as attending General Member Meetings (GMMs), "project in a day" hours (PIADs or volunteer hours), training events, socials and more. The purpose of the point system is to allow members freedom to be involved in the league in ways that will be most fulfilling to them. The average time commitment is estimated at approximately one hour per week; however, several hours can be completed at a time.
Complete before May 31, 2022:
- Provisional Orientation
- Provisional Dues of $200 due at orientation (includes 1-time Provisional Fee of $50)
- Attend minimum of 3 out of 4 Provisional Membership Meetings (PMMs)
- Attend minimum of 2 out of 4 General Membership Meetings (GMMs)
- 4 Fundraising Shifts
- Provisional Placement (Provisional members sponsor an annual Kids in the Kitchen event in March for community members. Kids in the Kitchen is an educational fair that teaches children and families about leading a healthy lifestyle).
- Fundraising Financial Obligation of $30
- 36 points (Note: 1 point is generally equal to 1 hour of time investment)
- 2022-2023 League Dues
Orientation (choose one date - location TBD)
- Thursday, July 29th 6:00-8:00 PM
- Sunday, August 15th 3:00-5:00 PM
- Wednesday, September 1st 6:00-8:00 PM
Provisional Membership Meetings (6:00-8:00 PM) are held at Building Goodness Foundation, 128 Carlton Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22902
- September 7th, November 2nd, January 4th, March 8th
Organized Provisional Socials/PIADs (times and locations vary). While not mandatory, we highly encourage all provisional members to take advantage of these opportunities to bond each other and active members.
- October- PIAD
- December 1st - Tinsel Trail Tree Sponsorship & Decoration
- February 13th - Provisional Member Galentine’s Day Social 3:00-5:00 PM
- April - PIAD
- May - Provisional End of Year BBQ
Kids in the Kitchen will be held on March 19th 7:00 AM-3:00 PM.